Sunday, April 24, 2011

Butterfly for Lizzy

          I’m sorry for not posting a blog entry last week. I got the flu on Friday and it’s been with me all week. I’m finally getting better again.

          Last February, I was at Hallmark when I saw this very cute card with a butterfly on the cover. It was perfect for my friend’s daughter, Lizzy, who’s birthday was coming up. As I was paying for the card, I had a great idea. I wanted to make an Amigurumi to match the card for Lizzy’s birthday present!


          Typically, when I wanted to make a new Amigurumi, I would look for a pattern online or in a book, and adapt the pattern to suit my needs. This time, I had the picture as my inspiration and I wanted to make an original pattern to match. I used bits and pieces of crochet techniques I’ve learned so far and came up with this butterfly.


          As with all my Amigurumis, it took a lot of trial and error, but I had fun the whole time. The butterfly doesn’t look exactly like the card, but I think it’s pretty close. I changed the wings to be purple and pink to be more feminine. The butterfly still has antennae and the yellow and green stripes.


          I sent the butterfly and card to Lizzy in Colorado for her birthday. Her mom tells me she loves it. Lizzy wrote be a great “thank you” card and story too. I know Lizzy’s getting bigger each year, but I’ll keep sending her Amigurumis until she tells me she’s too old for them. 


Thanks again for joining me this week! See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern for this? I've been looking everywhere for one that I like and haven't found one, but I love yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria! Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply sooner. Please email me at schuddy@gmail.com and I'll tell you how to get the pattern. Thanks!

      Delete