Sunday, April 3, 2011

Owls for Mila

                My friend Lilly, mother of Kyle, tagged herself on all of Kyle’s owl pictures on Facebook. When her friend Valeria saw the mobile, she wanted me to make one for her daughter, Mila. Communicating by e-mail, Valeria sent me some pictures for reference, showing me the bedding she wanted to put in Mila’s nursery and some owls she had already bought to match.



The bedding is from the Hayley Nursery Bedding Collection at Pottery Barn Kids.
The owl plush dolls are called Penny and Joy from Pottery Barn Kids.
The small owl is Penny and the large owl is Joy.
               I loved what Valeria had planned for Mila’s nursery. I took cues from the vibrant colors of the bedding and plush toys in order to add my own twists to the owl mobile for Mila. I used the same basic pattern for Kyle’s mobile, but in order to make the mobile more feminine, I used pastel colors for all the owls. Each owl had white eye roundies and tan bellies to keep a consistent look. I save the dark brown color only for the branch so that the mobile would look light and pretty. I also added little white flowers with yellow buds to the vines because girls love flowers!



  

 

               Valeria was kind enough to send me pictures of Mila’s finished nursery. It looks like a room straight out of the Pottery Barn catalog! I especially love the wall decoration that reads, “You are a dream come true.”  I hope Mila loves her new room and her new owl friends!

 


         Thanks again for joining me this week! See you next week!

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I was just looking through the Amigurumi Two book, and I have to say that your version of the mobile is a lot more adorable than the (already adorable!) ones in the book! Those owls are amazing, the colours are wonderful---both with the rest of the mobile and with the finished nursery.

    I'm really enjoying looking through your blog right now, you make such lovely amigurumi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I love that owl mobile. I was wondering if whoever made this would be willing to make one for me? Please email me at heatherbecker@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the owl mobile!!

    it is not clear to me which pattern you used. Could you please give a link to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for your great compliment. Actually the pattern is my original. I did use some patterns in books by Ana Paula Rimoli as my inspiration. Check out "Amigurumi World" and the other books in the series for some great patterns!

      Delete
  4. I was wondering if you would be willing to sell your version of the owl mobile? My grandbaby to be , Lilly, has the same bedding and I have been looking for a mobile this awesome...I would REALLY appreciate it lol ;)... My email is linen4004@aol.com...thanks...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie! I would love to make an owl mobile for Lilly! Please look for my email shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this mobile, I have got the pattern for the branches and ring but I have scoured the internet for hours for a pattern for the owls and can not find anything as cute. I am new to crochet so not even able to guess how to do it. Please please can you send me a description of how you made the owls. Thank you so much Annabelle (acgay1@g****.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this mobile, and don't know anyone who could make this for my daughter. After seeing other people's comments, I was hoping that maybe you would be willing to make one or something similar for my girl? Her bedding is a little different, and I bought it used, so I can't get a mobile to match it anymore. My email is bkregar74@gmail.com...Thanks! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interested in the mobile, what would you charge for it? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. would you sell me your pattern, love it and think it is wonderful!!!!
    cookpam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would also love to have the pattern that you used. My cousin in due and would LOVE this! mythicalmichelle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This pattern is great and I'd love to be able to make this for my niece's new baby who is coming this month. If you're willing to sell the pattern, please email me at cindy.lou.king@gmail.com and put owl pattern in the subject line so I know it's from you. Thank you very much. Again, the mobile is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to have this pattern. I have a girlfriend who is due soon and would love this. Is there anyway to get the pattern? My email is praying4vision@yahoo.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done. I would love to get a mobile like this for my daughter... Can you tell me if you are selling any made?
    Thanks for your time.
    Lisa
    lmboehm@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. curious where to find the ring and branch crochet part of this pattern??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shalyn,
      I actually came up with the branch and ring myself. If you are interested, I am currently selling the entire Owl Mobile pattern. Please email me at schuddy@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  15. How much for the pattern?? Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Katrina! I'm selling the pattern for $6 in PDF format. Please email me at schuddy@gmail.com so that I can send you more information. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi has your gmail changed...I'm getting an invalid address message when I try to email you.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. My email is still the same. Please email me at schuddy@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete