Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sarsel-gurumi (Part 1)

          In a previous post I wrote: “A great store I found on Etsy was by Sarsel. Sarsel’s Amigurumi designs are so unique from anything I’ve ever seen before. The patterns in her shop are intermediate level crochet, which was great for me because I was ready to learn more crochet techniques, but the biggest reason I love Sarsel’s shop is because her patterns are of Amigurumi animals dressed in wonderfully chic clothes. Each animal is different and has its own personality. I couldn’t help myself, I bought all of Sarsel’s patterns.”

          I’m happy to report that I finished making all of the toys from Sarsel’s patterns. Making the toys was a great learning experience because there were so many crochet techniques I had never tried before. I learned something new from all 8 toys I made.

          Tara the Cat was the first Amigurumi I made from Sarsel’s pattern. She was the first one I saw online that I really wanted to make. Tara has so much personality! From making Tara, I learned how to make shaped feet, attach the legs to the body without seams, and most of all add a thumb to the hand! Just these details make a huge difference in the look of the toys.




Penny the Rabbit was the next one I made. She’s so sweet! You can almost image her twirling in an old-fashioned music box. When I made Penny, I learned to shape the head so that her nose and mouth are more pronounced. Her ears also took some forming to get them to stand up. Her pink dress also has a frilly bottom edge that makes it a tutu. I loved learning to crochet clothes for the Amigurumis. I want to make different outfits for them!




I loved making Felicty the Fox because she had so many different elements that made her a fox. Her has black tips on her ears that make her different from a cat already. Then she has black hands and feet, that can double as shoes and gloves! Her tail has a white tip and puffs out. Making Felicity taught me that a lot of the Amigurumis have the same elements, but it’s the details and the color choices that really show their true character. The only thing I would change about Felicity is that she looks naked. I want to make her a dress or some overalls. Maybe even a flower for her head.




          If you are interested in purchasing any of the patterns I’ve mentioned above, please visit Sarsel’s sore on Etsy.com.

Join me next week to see the rest of the Amigurmi’s I made from Sarsel’s patterns. There’s Francis the Piglet, Sheldon the Rabbit, Kari the Panda, and Stella the Mouse. There’s also special creation by me!

Thanks for joining me again. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment