Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sarsel-gurumi (Part 2)

          I wasn't able to fit all of the creations I made from Sarsel's patterns in the last blog, Sarsel-gurmi (Part 1). Here are the rest of them, including some with my own twists!


Francis the Piglet was so fun to make. Making him taught me how important the shape of the head can be to show what kind of animal the Amigurumi is supposed to be. Without the cute pink snout, Francis can be a cat or a bear, but his snout gives him away as a pig. Of course, Francis’s cute curly tail and perky ears also helps.

 


  
Sheldon the Rabbit is an Amigurumi for the winter season. His green beanie, vest, and matching scarf are perfect for the bunny slopes. I bet Sheldon’s large ears would be very aerodynamic. When I was making the beanie for Sheldon, I learned how to make holes in the clothes for bunny ears. This will come in handy for tails too!

 


Kari the Panda is cute and cuddly just like her real life counterparts. She looks unique from the other patterns by Sarsel but her basic shapes at the same. Just by adding a few more stitches here and another round of stitches there, you get an Amigurumi with a completely different shape.

 


Stella the Mouse is such a sweet little Amigurumi. She’s much smaller in size than all the other of Sarsel’s patterns, but she’s definitely not lacking in personality. With her cute round ears and inquisitive nose, you can almost image her asking for a cookie. Her little shawl keeps her nice and warm. 

 


One part I added to Stella was a tail. I thought she was missing something without it.


Remember in one of my last blogs when I said that Felicity the Fox looked naked compared to all the other animals? Well, I made her some overalls. Now, I might call him Fabian the Fox instead. He looks more like a little boy fox. The technique I learned from making Sheldon’s beanie helped in making the tail home for Fabian’s overalls. Now he can fit his tail through his new pants.

 

For my last project, I wanted to make Sarsel’s pattern for Huey the Cat. Since I already made Tara the Cat, I wanted to change Huey to another animal to add to my growing collection. I change Huey into a dog! He still has the same elements as Sarsel’s Amigurumi cat, but how he has brown ears and a spot. Huey is sporting some boots, a puffy vest, and a cool blue beanie. He’s ready to hit the slopes!

 


          I learned so much from Sarsel’s patterns! I’m so excited to use some of the new techniques for my patterns in the future. If you like the Amigurumis I made and would like to make some for yourself, check our Sarsel’s Etsy page.

Thanks for joining me again. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Love the piglet. Also love that you showed different sides of each piece to really give us a feel for how they look!

    ReplyDelete